Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR HK SELF DEFENCE COURSES, SEMINARS AND CLASSES
If you are enrolling in a Hong Kong Self Defence course, seminar or any class, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. I acknowledge that the training, while conducted in the safest possible conditions and under qualified supervision, involves physical contact and inherent risks and I accept those risks. I agree to conduct myself in a safe and mature manner and in accordance with the instructions from my instructors. I indemnify HK Self Defence & Fitness , including all instructors, staff members, and students against any loss or damage suffered by them in connection with my participation in the training. If I am under 18 years of age, I have obtained my parent’s consent for my participation and to these terms and conditions.
2. I confirm I am physically capable of participating in this training and that I have no existing medical condition which precludes or should reasonably preclude my participation. I have received clearance to train from my own licensed medical practitioner/s in any areas of personal concern.
3. I agree to indemnify HK Self Defence & Fitness, including all instructors, staff members, and students from any liability whatsoever in connection with my participation in this self defence and/or fitness training program. Without limitation, this includes all loss or damage or injury incurred as a direct or indirect result of my participation.
4. I agree that I will conduct myself in an appropriate manner and will always act in a manner that is in the best interests of the HK Self Defence & Fitness
5. As a HK Self Defence member you will conduct yourself in a manner that is consistent to the standards and values of HK Self Defence. Any activities that may affect the safety or well being of participants or instructors is stricly prohibited. HK Self Defence has the right to refuse entry to any participant at its discretion. All decisions to refuse entry is final and no correspondence will be allowed.
6. I understand that audio and/or images (moving or still) may be taken of me during training for the purposes of promotion and advertising. I give my consent and release for these to be used by HK Self Defence & Fitness . I understand I have the right to refuse to allow my images to be used and if this is the case, I have spoken personally with the senior instructor and it will be so noted via email.
7. I confirm that I do not have a criminal record and I am not involved with or a member of any criminal organization.
8. Strictly no refunds unless a class is cancelled by HK Self Defence
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR PURCHASES OF EQUIPMENT & APPAREL
Prices are shown on the Site in Hong Kong Dollars (HKD). Prices displayed on the Site at the time your order is accepted will be honoured except in the case of obvious error. Whilst we use our best endeavours to ensure that all prices appearing on the Site are accurate, we do not guarantee that they are error-free and reserve our right to rectify any errors. If we discover an error in the price of any products that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming or cancelling your order. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled.
We accept payments made by PayPal
By placing an order , you confirm that the Credit/Debit card(s) or PayPal account used is yours or that you have been authorised by the owner to use it. If your card issuer refuses to authorise payment to HK Self Defence, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Our payment processes meet the stringent international security standards set down by the Payment Card Industry to make your shopping experience safe and secure. If you have registered an account on the Site and have decided to save your card details with us, your details will be fully encrypted, solely used to process card transactions that you have initiated and securely stored on our systems. In the absence of negligence on our part, we will not be liable for any loss you may suffer if any third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when using our Services.
Hong Kong Self Defence reserves its right not to accept an order for any reason at its sole discretion. Such reasons include, but are not limited to, one of the following:
- The product you ordered is out of stock, or is withdrawn due to its failure to meet our quality standards or due to the shipping restrictions applicable to one or all of the ordered items.
- We identify a pricing or product description error.
- We are unable to obtain authorisation for payment.
- You do not meet the eligibility criteria to purchase as set out in the terms and conditions
Due to the nature of our online products (t-shirts, apparel and training equipment), no returns are offered
Hong Kong Self Defence does not guarantee that the use of the Site and Services will be error-free or that the Site or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. We recommend all users of the Site to ensure they have up-to-date software, including anti-virus, installed.
Some events may happen beyond our reasonable control, such as adverse weather. Under such conditions, Hong Kong Self Defence will always do its best to aim at maintaining its Services but will not be responsible for failing to meet any obligations.
Indemnity and Waiver
At our request, you agree to compensate us fully and hold us, Hong Kong Self Defence (including its officers, directors, instructors, staff and suppliers), harmless from and against all liabilities, claims, expenses, damages and losses, including legal fees. This includes the use of the Site by any other persons using your account caused by your action or inaction.